Claims Process

In the unfortunate event that something happens to you, your car, home, boat or business, and you don’t know where to start or what to do next, the Claims Service Centre is here to help you. We work with you throughout the entire claims process – from the initial response to the final resolution.

How to file your claim

Involved in a motor accident

As a Cayman FIRST policyholder, you are provided with the benefit services of First Response. In the event you are involved in a motor accident, you should call 94-FIRST (943-4778). At the scene, we expedite the claims process and render any accident assistance.

If First Response did not attend the scene of the accident, the following are the steps you will need to take:

  • Submit a motor claim form along with a colour copy of your photo ID.
  • Have your vehicle inspected by our First Response Team. If the vehicle is immobile you may schedule an appointment for a member of the First ResponseTeam to carry out an off-site inspection.
  • Submit a copy of the police report, if applicable.

A member of our Claims Department is available to advise you throughout the process.

Damaged Glass

The Cayman FIRST Private Motor comprehensive policy has a maximum of $1,500 per claim and $1,000 per claim for Commercial Motor comprehensive.

The steps below will assist you with submitting your claim:

  1. Submit a motor claim form along with a colour copy of your photo ID.
  2. Submit photos of the damage.
  3. Submit a copy of the police report, if applicable.

Vehicle has been stolen

As a comprehensive policyholder, in the event that your vehicle has been stolen, please follow the steps below:

  1. Submit a motor claim form along with a colour copy of your photo ID.
  2. Submit all keys to the vehicle.
  3. Submit original Certificate of Insurance.
  4. Report the matter to the police and submit a police report.
  5. Once the incident has been reported to the Claims Department, along with the necessary documents, an external investigator may be appointed to help with the claim process. This investigative process can take about 4 weeks, depending on if the vehicle is recovered.

Loss or damage due to hurricane

About six months out of the year we are exposed to the possibility of a hurricane occurring. Preparation is the necessity for your survival and for the protection of your property. However, in the event of a hurricane loss you should:

  1. Review your policy documents to confirm that your property is covered for hurricane losses.
  2. Submit a catastrophe claim notification form .
  3. Secure your property from further losses.
  4. Thereafter, all documents will be forwarded to Cayman FIRST’s Hurricane Centre for processing.  The Hurricane Centre will appoint an external adjuster to confirm damage to your property, review estimates for such repairs, and with authorization for Cayman FIRST to discuss settlement with you. In addition, if you have estimates and photographs of damages, you can submit those to assist with the process. If you have an agent or a broker then contact them.
  5. Ensure that the sum insured is adequate and reflects the replacement value as new of the building and contents, as there are penalties for underinsurance.
  6. Ensure that your home and belongings are adequately protected.
  7. Remember, hurricane preparedness and knowing how to respond is key to helping you cope during and after a catastrophe occurs.

If your home has been damaged or its contents lost/stolen

As a homeowner or renter/tenant, there is the possibility that you may experience a damage or loss to your property or contents. In the event of such an occurrence, the following steps should be taken when reporting a claim.

  • Review your policy to confirm coverage.
    Submit a property claim form.
  • To expedite the process, it is suggested to submit the following:
    Receipts for each damaged or stolen item.
    Two estimates for the replacement of each damaged or stolen item.
  • If items were damaged or stolen due to burglary or theft, report the matter to the police and submit a police report when one becomes available.
    An external adjuster may be assigned to the claim

Loss or damage to your boat/vessels

In the event you experience a loss or damage to your boat/vessel, please submit the following:

  1. Submit a marine claim form.
  2. Submit pictures of the damaged vessel, if applicable.
  3. Submit a police report, if applicable.
  4. Once you have submitted the claim, we will appoint an external adjuster to carry out an inspection of the vessel.

Loss or damage due to fire, burglary, theft etc. to your business

As a business owner, there is always a possibility that loss or damage due to fire, burglary, theft, water damage or even natural disasters could affect your daily operations and profitability.

In the event of such losses follow the steps below:

  • Submit appropriate claim form.
  • Submit Police Report, if applicable.

After, these relevant documents are submitted an external adjuster will be assigned to your claim to further investigate the loss. In addition, an arranged inspection of the property will be carried out to confirm the nature of the loss.

Health Claims

To file a health claim please fill out the appropriate health claim form.

First Online

Get a quote, purchase a policy,
submit a claim or access up-to-date
information about your policy at your
convenience anytime, anywhere.

Log in or create an account to take
control of your coverage today.