Terms & Conditions of Use
This website is the property of, and is operated by, CAYMAN FIRST INSURANCE COMPANY LIMITED (“CFI”). In these terms and conditions, “our”, we, and “us” refer to CAYMAN FIRST INSURANCE COMPANY LIMITED.
Cayman First Insurance Company Limited is licensed as a Class A insurer in the Cayman Islands and is regulated by the Cayman Islands Monetary Authority with its registered office at Maples Corporate Services Ltd. PO Box 309, Ugland House, South Church Street, Cayman Islands, KY1-1104.
CFI, offers cover in The Cayman Islands .
We are the owner of all design, graphical and text arrangements and other intellectual property rights that exist in the content of this website, unless otherwise indicated, and it may not be sold, licensed, used, copied or reproduced in whole or in part in any manner or form or in or on any media to any person without our prior written consent.
You acknowledge that damages may not be an adequate remedy for any infringement or breach of these Terms and that we are entitled to remedies to include injunction and specific performance.
Unless otherwise agreed in writing, nothing on the website shall be deemed to confer on any person any licence or right to use any such image, logo or name and any such use may constitute an infringement of the rights of the holder.
Accuracy of Information
While the information contained on this website has been compiled in good faith and we take all reasonable steps to ensure that the website is current, no representation is made as to its completeness, reliability or accuracy. The content on the website is intended for information purposes to guide users and is should not be relied upon as a real time record of the information on the website as it is subject to updates from time to time. All information and content of this website are furnished “as is” without warranty of any kind whether expressed or implied. The financial reports contained on the website are only current as of the respective date contained in the particular report. We make no commitment, and disclaim any duty, to update or correct or to provide notice as to any error or omission in any report or other information contained on this website.
We reserve the right to add, modify or delete information on this website at any time without notice.
Whilst we take all reasonable steps to ensure this website is always accessible, we will not be held liable for any direct or indirect losses due to our website being unavailable at any time. We may also have to suspend access to the website for routine or emergency updates and maintenance, for the introduction of new services and or during extreme weather conditions but we will endeavour to keep any disruption to a minimum.
CAYMAN FIRST INSURANCE COMPANY LIMITED, will not be liable for any loss or damage arising in contract‚ tort or otherwise if the Website is unavailable or suspended for any reason. In the event the website is unavailable, we direct you in the alternative to make use of our client-facing customer services, email or teleconferencing solutions available to you. You can confirm what alternative options are available by contacting any of our offices for assistance.
Reliance on information posted
Commentary and other materials posted on the website is not intended to amount to advice on which reliance should be placed. CFI accepts no responsibility or liability arising from any reliance placed on such materials by you or by any third party who may be informed by any of its contents. The website is limited to providing information and facilitating access to this platform; subject to availability.
Your use of this site does not create a legally binding relation with our Company and all transactions must be confirmed either directly by the Company or through the transmission of a confirmatory communication.
Use of the site
Your use of this Site and the Content is at your own risk.
You may use the Site for lawful purposes only. You may not submit or transmit through the Site any material, or otherwise engage in any conduct that:
- violates or infringes the rights of others including, without limitation, the patent, trademark, trade secret, intellectual property rights, publicity/privacy or other proprietary rights of the owner of the site or any third party;
- is unlawful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, libellous, deceptive, fraudulent, invasive of another’s privacy, tortious, or contains explicit or graphic descriptions, or accounts of sexual acts or is obscene/pornographic;
- victimizes, harasses, degrades, or intimidates an individual or group of individuals on the basis of religion, gender, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, age, or disability;
- impersonates any person, business or entity, including CFI and its employees and agents;
- contains viruses or any other computer codes, files or programs that interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment, or otherwise permit the unauthorized use of a computer or computer network;
- encourages conduct that would constitute a criminal offense, or that gives rise to civil liability;
- violates these Terms & Conditions of Use or any other guidelines or policies posted on the site; or
- could damage, disable, overburden, or impair CFI’s servers or networks or the servers or networks of the vendor hosting the site, or interfere with the operation, or any other party’s use and enjoyment of the site.
You may not attempt to gain unauthorized access to the Site or any services, user accounts, computer systems or networks, through hacking, password mining or any other unauthorized means and you may not reverse engineer, decompile or disassemble the Site or any Content.
You may not use the site or any communication tools made available to you through the Site to transmit, directly or indirectly, any unsolicited bulk communications (including email messages and instant messages). You may not harvest information about this Site’s users for the purpose of sending, or to facilitate the sending, of unsolicited bulk communications.
When you select a password and sign-up in order to access CFI’s online policyholder services, you agree to the following conditions:
- CFI is authorized to act on instructions received under your password without any requirement to question those instructions;
- CFI is not liable for any unauthorized access to your personal information that is not directly due to the negligence of CFI;
- Your password contains sensitive information and you will keep it confidential and secret;
- You will notify CFI immediately if you believe anyone else has learned your password or if you believe an unauthorized access to CFI or your personal information has occurred or may occur;
- CFI may deny access or block any transaction made under your password without prior notice if we believe your password is being used by someone other than you, or if any unauthorized access to your personal information has occurred or may occur, or for any other reason, but we are under no obligation to do so.
Violating the Terms and Conditions of Website Use may lead to a revocation of CFI website access privileges.
We shall not be liable (whether in contract, tort, negligence, statutory duty or otherwise) to any person for any error, omission or incompleteness in the information, or reliance on the information, on this website, nor shall we be under any obligation to advise any person of any error in the information. Also, we accept no liability in respect of losses or damages arising out of changes made to the content of the website by any unauthorised user.
In no event shall we, nor any of our directors, officers or other representatives, be liable (whether under contract, tort, negligence statute or otherwise) howsoever for any damages, losses, costs, claims, liabilities or expenses arising out of or in connection with the use of or inability to use the website or the information contained in it.
If it is determined by a Court of competent jurisdiction that we are liable in any way whatsoever through the use of this website, our notice herein of our limitation of liability shall apply to all damages, losses, costs, claims, liabilities and expenses of any kind, whether direct or indirect and consequential, including (but without limitation to) legal costs or expenses, loss of profits, loss of anticipated savings, loss of data, loss of revenue, loss of business, loss of use of money, loss of opportunity, loss of or damage to property and any third party claims.
In addition, we are not responsible and shall not be liable for any direct or indirect loss or damage howsoever caused by viruses or defects of any description as a result of your use of the website or to you downloading any material posted on it or a website linked to it. You must ensure that you use appropriate virus checking software.
Linking to the website
You may link to the website, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it, but you must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.
The website must not be framed on any other website, nor may you create a link to any part of our website to another third-party website. BFG reserves the right to withdraw linking permission without notice. Our status (and that of any identified contributors) must always be acknowledged as the authors of material on the website.
These Terms are effective as of November 1, 2009. CFI reserves the right to modify these Terms from time to time without notice, which modified Terms shall be effective immediately upon posting of such Terms. Your continued use of any Site following the posting of any revised Terms shall be deemed to conclusively indicate your express acceptance of such revised Terms. Accordingly, you should periodically re-review these Terms.
Feedback and Complaint policy
Listening to your views is important to us and helps us develop as a company and ensure that we stay on track with what you, our customers want.
If you have a complaint then please contact us and we will make sure that your complaint is considered.
These terms and conditions of use and your use of the website shall be governed by and construed in accordance with Cayman Islands law and by using the website you agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the Cayman Islands as the sole tribunal for the determination of disputes or claims of any nature whatsoever that may arise.
If you use this website from other jurisdictions you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws.